Tips, News & Updates
5 IELTS Reading Tips from British Council Certified Trainer
- February 6, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: IELTS
If you have decided to take the IELTS test but don’t have enough time to prepare for it, then there is nothing to worry about. This is because you can not only take free IELTS mock test but also read below 5 IELTS reading tips from our British Council certified trainer that would help you achieve a better score on the test:
5 IELTS Reading Tips
1. You don’t necessarily need to understand every single word. If you have grasped the overall meaning of a sentence then it should be good enough because you wouldn’t have a lot of time trying to figure out the meaning of every word. You just need to locate the important information and comprehend it. Otherwise, you run out of time and chances are that you wouldn’t even be able to go through all the questions.
2. Keep in mind that timing is crucial. You must practice your time management skills or you would be in trouble. If you feel like a question needs too much effort then just leave it and move on to the next one. After you have completed all the other questions, you can come back for the first one. While practicing for the test, keep a stopwatch with you and time yourself so you can have a better idea where you need improvement.
3. Practice makes you perfect. The more you practice for your reading test, the better your skills would be. You can find a number of tests online that are aimed at building skills or vocabulary so you can take help from these. Practicing would help you analyze your mistakes and it would highlight the areas where you need improvement.
4. Develop a strong vocabulary. The key to a better score in the IELTS test is to learn as much as you can and improve your vocabulary. You don’t just have to learn words and their meanings but you should also know when, where and how to use them.
5. Lastly, don’t panic. You have to understand that you would have problems with a few questions because they are designed this way. But if you panic, then you can make the situation worse for yourself. You need to control your nerves so you can think clearly and give more calculated answers.
When you practice, keeping above IELTS reading tips in mind during IELTS preparation, you will surely rock your exam. We advise you to visit our IELTS training facility to take free test that will help you to know your strengths and weaknesses in English language.