Study Abroad News and Updates
How to Avoid USA Student Visa Rejection and Reasons
- March 12, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Study Abroad
Every year thousands of students apply for US universities with dreams of an international degree. However, many of those dreams get crushed due to the visa rejection they face. This is because when you show up for F1 visa interview, you have to make them believe that you are not a threat to their country and that you are not planning on living their illegally. There are a million reasons, why your visa may get rejected but here are a few common F1 visa rejection reasons to start with:
F1 Visa Rejection Reasons
- If you somehow make an impression that you plan on staying in the US after completing your degree, then possibility is that they wouldn’t grant you a visa. They consider you a burden on their economy that they would want to avoid at all costs so they would very likely reject your application. This is one of the top F1 visa rejection reasons for Pakistani students. Therefore, if you are going for an F1 visa interview, try to make it as clear as possible that you don’t plan on staying in their country after your degree.
- Another reason your visa might get rejected is if you are unable to show that you or your family is financially stable enough to support you. If they are not, then it means that you would have to find a job there. They don’t grant you the visa because they think that working alongside the studies wouldn’t keep your focus on studies entirely.
- If they get to know that your relatives are living in the US too, then they may reject your visa. They would suspect that the real reason behind leaving is for getting migration not the studies. They would suspect your credibility and reject the visa right away. Therefore, even if you have relatives living in the US, don’t give away the information.
How to Avoid USA Student Visa Rejection?
For many parents and their kids, the ultimate dream is to attain higher education in the US. However, acquiring the USA student visa always comes between many students and their dreams. You must have heard a lot of stories where students invest so much time, money and effort to study abroad only to know that their visa has been rejected. If you don’t want to be one of those people and wish to reduce the chances of USA student visa rejection then here are a few essential tips that would take you a long way:
Once you have read all the F1 visa requirements and have applied for the visa, the first part is to prepare yourself for the interview. Getting rejected in the interview means that the game is over for you even before it has started. You can say that a visa interview is quite similar to a job interview so make sure that you practice with someone who has a lot of experience with taking or giving interviews. Build your confidence and work on your posture so you would look bold and confident. Here are a few tips on how to pass your interview and get one step closer to your F1 Student Visa.
- Make sure that you have dressed appropriately for the occasion. The dress should give a professional look or it would seem as if you are not serious about your career. In casual clothes, you would look careless and immature. You should respect the fact that interview is a formal event and you should follow the dress code.
- Apart from fulfilling all the F1 Visa requirements, you would have to make sure that you have impressed the interviewer. If your English speaking skills are good, then they prove to be a huge positive.
- Never lie about anything on the interview because they would catch your lie instantly. They usually have all your information in their database so lying would only lose you your credibility.
Although acquiring a visa seems very difficult, but if you give a good interview, chances are that you would hear the good news very soon. Hopefully, now you have got the idea what can be the main reasons behind US student visa rejection. Similarly, you also have to focus on other areas of student visa application like choosing a suitable study course, getting acceptance in well-known institute (where WAC Overseas Education Consultants can help) and taking the interview with full confidence.