There are around 43 Universities in the country that have been listed among the elite in the QS World University rankings of 2016-17.
Study In Germany:
Germany, in particular, has emerged as a promising destination to pursue higher education among international students. According to 2016 reports, Germany attracted around 340,000 international students. with the number of Indian students pursuing their higher education in German universities has grown significantly by 24.3% to 11,655 last year. Keeping in mind the growing numbers of Indian students choosing to study in Germany, let us highlight what gives Germany a place among the top study abroad destinations of the likes of USA, UK or Australia. WAC Consultants
The country’s higher education framework is divided into two types of universities- Public, that are state-governed and Private, which are governed by independent organizations. The only difference between them lies in their funding structure and the fact that majority international students prefer to study in public universities because they cover a wide range of courses suitable to their requirements.
Student Life and Culture :
- Students prefer to study in Germany to experience the high-quality lifestyle while living at the focal point of exquisite European culture. Germany is a very safe country and loaded with opportunities to create a lively social network by taking part in frequently organized events and activities conducted by universities in and around the country.
- One of the fun and important aspects of studying in Germany is learning the German language which will not only be helpful during your stay in the country but will also help you in getting to know the German culture and heritage more closely. Although the universities offer English-taught programmes.
- Germans have had a strong and fair contribution to every discipline of arts, architecture, philosophy, music, science, technology and much more. Their penchant for engineering and technology has already made them world leaders in the automobile industry.
Financial Aid :
German universities offer brilliant scholarships to students with an excellent academic record to finance their higher education in the country. DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) along with many other political and business foundations offer scholarship programs taking care of students’ needs. The Deutschlandstipendium is another government scholarship awarded to study in Germany where the funding of 300 EUR/ Month is offered for atleast two semesters. Some of the other non-governmental scholarships include:
- The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
- Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships
- Bayer Foundations
Reading towards the end, we are sure you must be excited to consider Germany as the study abroad destination for your next degree. With tuition-free education system and being offered a degree at par with international standards, who would possibly not want to explore and study in Germany?